Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bollywood Night

Friday - 19 March

We decided to go Indian tonight. Jeremy have declared himself as the KING OF FLOUR (after he CLAIMED that he can now make the yummiest pizza in the world) and was fairly determined that he can make any type of bread - hence NAAN. I then decide to make my version of butter chicken and dhal.

My dhal is to die for - Indians would be crying and kissing my feet if they tasted it. And since I hardly praise my own food, you gotta trust me on this one. It is also the easiest dish I have ever made! So here is the recipe....

Dhal



Split Mug Beans (a small bowl)
Vegetable Cube or Broth
Onions (diced)
Chopped Garlic
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Butter / Margarine / Oil
Dash of Chilli Flakes

Stir Fry Onions and Garlic in Oil / Margarine / Butter
Add in turmeric powder and dash of chilli flakes
Fry for a few minutes & add in beans
Add water / broth / vegetable cubes
Boil for 45 minutes stirring constantly till beans are soft


I went to my favourite "always-dependable-and-always-there" Vietnamese supermarket and bought a pack of frozen prata JUST IN CASE the naan turns out to be anything less than satisfying... but to my surprise the naan turned out pretty good! Now Jeremy is very very smug and have offered to make pizza for me tomorrow... hhmnnnn


We had Garlic Naan, Herbs Naan, Black Pepper Naan and Plain Naan!


My version of butter chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment