Sunday, December 20, 2009

All we do is eat

19 & 20 December - snowing.. majorly...

Tami (in her pitchy voice): "Oh my god! You are sooo auntie already!"

Yes, I admit I am getting very auntie-ish. My life consist of work (which takes up 1/2 a day), cook, eat, clean and sleep. So as I was web-caming with my sis on Friday evening, I had to start cooking whilst talking and that was when she made the remark... so I am dedicating this post to what Jem and I have been eating the last 2 days...

Saturday...

we bought this frozen escargot from Coop and it was not bad. Not as succulent as the ones you find at a restaurant but I suspect we didn't heat this up enough.


Jem grilled the steak and I made the mushroom sauce.. being the meat eater we are, our plates were licked clean!


Sunday....

We had Mee Siam and Gyoza for lunch followed by Ham, mushroom raviolis and salad for dinner.


Thanks to Prima Taste, this Mee Siam is truly one of my favourite! As I can't find taupok here, I had to do without it. I also decided to spend CHF 1.95 (or freaking SGD 2.50 on 150g of taugeh)


This salad is made up of Rucola leaves, ham cubes and pear with Balsamic Vinegar dressing from Movenpick (who also made yummy ice creams!)


We had Mushroom Raviolis bought from Aligro for CHF 10 (or SGD 13.60) for 1kg! For 7 servings, this is well worth it...


I bought this Ham from Coop as it was on Action and will form part of our Christmas eve menu.. pair this with Lingonberry Jam from Ikea and you get a match made in heaven!


Monday...

I am attempting wanton mee for dinner tomorrow but have no clue how to make charsiew! But will certainly try!


Gosh I miss the charsiew made by Jem's mom.. miss the charsiew from HV market... miss the charsiew at Clementi Market.. just miss any charsiew

No comments:

Post a Comment