Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wanton mee....

21 December

Because we were sooo desperate for wanton noodles, I decided to try.. After all, how bad can it be?

I made the wantons on Sunday and have them refrigerated and deep fried them today..


BEFORE


AFTER

Result: YUMMY!

My mother-in-law send me the recipe for charsiew (she can sense my desperation) and I was ask to buy "kum sum yok" or pork with fats and to avoid pork fillet. Now I have NOOOOOOOOO idea how to say that in french. So I just pointed my finger at some random cut of pork..


Roasting in the oven...


All sliced up!

Result: Not bad at all.. but nothing beats the char siew back home

Noodles - I bought some chinese egg noodles from Ly Thanh and after boiling in hot water, dump in cold water and boil again.. the texture was good. Added oyster sauce, sesame oil, soya sauce, dark sauce and mix it all up.... and ta dah.........!



THE NOODLES WERE AWFUL!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha... I would happily take pointers from anyone since I have 2 more coils of noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment