Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Grocery-xercise

16 December - -2 degrees... too cold to do anything

The fridge is empty. By Swiss standards, I have a normal size fridge. By my standard, my current fridge dwarf in comparison to my Fisher & Paykel fridge back home. I think this fridge is about 200 liter. As such, I rarely stock up. Other reasons include:

1 - My fridge is puny

2 - Unlike the older generation, I have no clue how to shop for the week. Sure I can buy 1kg worth of chicken fillet for the week, but what if all i want to do the whole week is to eat Ikea Meatballs and Pringles?

3 - I consider grocery shopping as a form of daily exercise (both brain and legs)- the 5 min walk to the shop, the 20 minutes walk up & down the various aisle, mental calculation of discounts and special offers etc

So today I decided on a grocery marathon. I went to Aligro Hypermarket.... I walk to Morges train station, took a 6-minute train, wait 7 minutes for the bus, took a 3 minutes bus ride and shop for about an hour!

I swear Aligro is around for GIANTS.... here's why...


2.1kg worth of sweet corns


4 kg worth of BAKE BEANS...


I didn't buy much, cos Jeremy and I can't consume 2kg worth of carrots, 1kg worth of herbs, 50kg of rice, 1kg worth of fish fillet etc within the week. Plus, I am doing this for the exercise... :)

Tonight I decided to make sushi rice.. I never knew that making Sushi Rice can take up to an hour and I need to add Rice Vinegar to it. I thought it was as simple as dumping the rice in the rice cooker and cook.

So anyway, I headed home and make Pork Katsu Curry for dinner.. cos Jeremy's tolerance for spice have dropped to that of a newborn and I have cravings for curry. Japanese meal is never complete without Sushi Sashimi and of course Inari...


The photo clearly does not reflect how yummy the meal turn out.. thanks to S&B Katsu Curry Sauce :) (Surely, you didn't think I cook this from scratch?)


This serving of salmon only cost CHF 5! Yummsss....

No comments:

Post a Comment